Cool that you are curious about our vacancy
Who we are
Founded in 2012 and now 25 people strong. Not a do-it-all agency but a real front-end club. We love doing what we do best: building exciting projects that make the most of the web. We have no big growth ambitions but just want to be the very best. If we have it all, we choose projects with a social character. It is not without reason that we are on our way to becoming a Certified B-Corporation. We work from our offices in Amsterdam and Delft, or just from home. We prefer not to limit ourselves with all kinds of rules and procedures, because we believe that freedom, trust and responsibility lead to the best results.
Want to come and get a taste of the atmosphere? Stop by at one of our meetups!
What will you do with us?
Our client asks for a custom solution, you make sure it happens. You change projects regularly, to keep the excitement going. As a Senior you take the lead: architecture choices, setting up the dev environment and clear communication with the customer. Junior and medior developers see you as a mentor. You coach on the job so that the customer, your colleagues and yourself become wiser. Even though colleagues are not always on the same project, the lines are short and they can always come to you. We work Agile, in teams with designers and back-enders from agencies we enjoy working with. We provide enough variety in your hands-on work: technical prototypes, component libraries, small websites with a headless CMS or large websites with serverless backend architecture. It doesn't matter to you, as long as the web benefits from it.
In your daily work, your focus is on the end user. You have a keen eye for accessibility and performance and make the right choices when converting a design to semantic HTML and robust CSS. You use familiar tooling to set up dev environments and build with frameworks such as React/Next, Vue, Eleventy or Svelte.
Development and people are at the heart of our work. Fridays are all about your ambitions, with knowledge sharing, in-house training, building on open source projects, meetups and our not-so-legendary-but-very-fun get-togethers.
A quick check! You…
choose development at the highest level. The frameworks you work with are of minor importance to you. You are a leader by example but, just like the rest of us, don’t attach much value to hierarchy. You feel comfortable with the variety of projects and you have easy contact with customers. You follow innovations closely and are in the frontline when it comes to testing and applying new techniques, and passing them on to your less experienced colleagues. After all, you work at De Voorhoede for a reason ;-)
You also bring:
- Enthusiasm, creativity and team spirit
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a front-end developer
- You can easily switch between frameworks like React/Next, Vue/Nuxt, Svelte, Eleventy and more, or quickly make them your own
- Experience with setting up complexe front-end architecture
- HBO or WO level of thinking. A technical education is nice but not a must
Are you joining us? This is what you get in return!
A job that really makes you happy. And a team that is always there for each other. We ensure a good work-life balance, because nobody benefits from a 60-hour week. So you could say that we do have a 9-5 mentality. We will soon be moving into a new state-of-the-art office, designed for the new way of working. Complete with breakout rooms, video workstations, focus areas, telephone booths, a chill-out area and a well-stocked fridge. In short: an office you'll want to show your friends at our everyone's invited get-together.
You should also expect:
- Freedom, responsibility and plenty of room for your own ideas
- A nice salary between €4.000,- and €5.500,- per month
- Monthly allowance for your old age
- 8% vacation money + 25 days of vacation (additional options available)
- 16″ MacBook Pro M1 in your backpack
- Furnish your home office with a one-time budget of €1.000,-
- A home office allowance of €2,- per day
- Annual coaching and study budget of €1.500,-
- Full reimbursement for travel expenses or an NS business card
- Fresh lunch on office days
- Bi-weekly chair massages in Amsterdam
- Working from our shiny new office with 270º view over the Houthavens in Amsterdam, or our cozy stained-glass canal hideout in Delft just steps away from the train station
Got excited? Or looking for more information? Lets (e-)meet! Sent your introduction to HR via firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call/Whatsapp Réni: 06-28331148.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated!