Cool that you are curious about our vacancy!
Who we are
De Voorhoede is not a do-it-all agency, but a dedicated development club. With a team of 15 people we work on interesting projects for companies like NS, LifeTerra, Deltares and PostNL. We have no big growth ambitions but just want to be the very best in our field. We get the most joy from working on projects with a social character. Diversity, inclusivity and caring for our people and the world is our priority. We're proud we've passed the the B Corp assesment and received their certificate! We work from our offices in Amsterdam and Delft, or simply from home. We prefer not to limit ourselves with all kinds of rules and procedures. With freedom, trust and responsibility you achieve the best results. That we are convinced of.
What are you going to do at De Voorhoede?
Our client asks for a custom solution, you make sure it happens. You change projects regularly, to keep the excitement going. We work Agile, in teams with designers and back-enders from agencies we enjoy working with. We provide enough variety in your hands-on work: technical prototypes, component libraries, small websites with a headless CMS or large websites with serverless backend architecture. It doesn't matter to you, as long as the web benefits from it.
In your daily work, your focus is on the end user. You have a keen eye for accessibility and performance and make the right choices when converting a design to semantic HTML and robust CSS. You use familiar tooling to set up dev environments and build with frameworks such as React/Next, Vue, Eleventy or Svelte.
Development and people are at the heart of our work. Fridays are all about your growth, knowledge sharing, in-house training, building on open source projects, meetups and our get-togethers.
What do we expect from you as a Medior front-end developer?
You choose development at the highest level. The frameworks you work with are of minor importance to you. Just like us, you don't care much for hierarchy. You feel comfortable with the variety of projects and you have easy contact with customers. You follow innovations closely and are in the frontline when it comes to testing and applying new techniques, and passing them on to your less experienced colleagues. That is how we honor our name De Voorhoede (which roughly translates to Frontrunners).
You also bring:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a front-end developer
- You can set up a modern stack with NPM and get it live on popular PaaSes like Netlify or Vercel
- Experience with a frameworks like Vue, Next, React, Nuxt, SvelteKit, Astro or others
- HBO or WO level of thinking. A technical education is nice but not a must
Are you joining us? This is what you get in return!
A job with a good work-life balance, because nobody benefits from a 60-hour week. You could say that we do have a 9-5 mentality. Our offices are designed for the new way of working, where we assume people work 50/50 from home and at the office. Each workplace is well equipped with a sit-stand desk, laptop stand and screen. The breakout rooms, video workstations, focus area, call cubicles, silent room and well-stocked refrigerators make the offices complete. In short: an office that you want to show to everyone.
You should also expect:
- Freedom, responsibility and plenty of room for your own ideas
- A nice salary between €3.300,- and €4.100,- per month
- A contract for 32, 36 or 40 hours per week
- Monthly allowance for your old age
- 8% vacation money + 25 days of vacation (additional options available)
- 16″ MacBook in your backpack
- Furnish your home office with a one-time budget of €1.000,-
- A home office allowance of €2,35 per day
- Annual coaching and study budget of €1.500,-
- Full reimbursement for travel expenses or an NS business card
- Fresh lunch on office days
- Flexible holiday policy, so you can celebrate the holidays that are important to you
- Working from our shiny new office with 270º view over the Houthavens in Amsterdam, or our cozy stained-glass canal hideout in Delft just steps away from the train station
Everyone is welcome to apply. At de Voorhoede, we believe that differences make us stronger and we’re committed to creating an open and inclusive culture. We just want you to be you, whether you’re out with friends, working from home or in the office.
Got excited? Apply now via the button below. Questions? Sent an e-mail to HR via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.