Cool that you are curious about our vacancy
Who we are
Founded in 2012 and now 20 woman/man strong. Not a do-it-all agency but a real front-end club. We love doing what we do best: building exciting projects that make the most of the web. We have no big growth ambitions but just want to be the very best. If we have it all, we choose projects with a social character. It is not without reason that we are on our way to becoming a Certified B-Corporation. We work from our offices in Amsterdam and Delft, or just from home. We prefer not to limit ourselves with all kinds of rules and procedures, because we believe that freedom, trust and responsibility lead to the best results.
What will you do with us?
Our client asks for a custom solution, you make sure it comes. As a lead you distinguish yourself from your senior colleagues by keeping an overview, leadership and decisiveness in complex situations. You take the lead: architecture choices, rigging the development environment, but also clear communication to and with the customer. If things get out of hand, you keep a cool head and work constructively towards a solution. You go along to customers to get projects and estimate the feasibility. You talk to design and backend leads to make sure it all works. Junior and medior developers see you as a mentor. You lead one or more teams working at different customers. Even though colleagues are not always on the same project, the lines are short and they can always come to you. And you change projects regularly to keep the excitement going.
We work Agile, in teams with designers and back-enders from agencies we enjoy working with. We provide enough variety in your hands-on work: technical prototypes, design systems, small websites with a headless CMS or large websites with serverless backend architecture. It doesn't matter to you, as long as the web benefits from it.
You use familiar tooling to set up development environments and build with frameworks like Remix, Astro, React/Next, Vue/Nuxt, Eleventy, Svelte. You know how to set up and link CI/CD, you easily switch from front-end work to Node.js build scripts and serverless features. Services we use a lot are Netlify, Vercel and AWS, various headless CMSs, real-time data platforms like Firebase and Supabase.
A quick check! You…
You choose development at the highest level. The frameworks you work with are of secondary importance to you. You are a leader by example but, like us, you don't care much for hierarchy. You feel comfortable with the variety of projects and you have easy contact with customers. You follow innovations closely and are in the frontline when it comes to testing and applying new techniques, and passing them on to your less experienced colleagues. After all, you do not work at De Voorhoede for nothing ;-)
You also bring this:
- Enthusiasm, creativity and team spirit
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as front-end developer of which 2 years as senior or lead
- Living in the area of Delft, so you can also work at our office in Delft
- You switch easily between frameworks such as React/Next, Vue/Nuxt, Svelte, Eleventy and more, or learn them quickly. Node.js knows no secrets from you
- Experience with setting up complex front-end architecture, build scripts and tooling
- Experience with linking
- HBO or WO intellectual level. A technical education is nice but not a must
- You are available for 32-40 hours per week
Are you joining us? This is what you get in return!
A job that really makes you happy. And a team that is always there for each other. We ensure a good work-life balance, because nobody benefits from a 60-hour week. So you could say that we do have a 9-5 mentality. We will soon be moving into a new state-of-the-art office, designed for the new way of working. Complete with breakout rooms, video workstations, focus areas, telephone booths, a chill-out area and a well-stocked fridge. In short: an office you'll want to show your friends at our everyone's invited get-together.
You should also expect:
- Freedom, responsibility and plenty of room for your own ideas
- A nice salary between €4.000,- and €5.500,- per month
- Monthly allowance for your old age
- 8% vacation money + 25 days of vacation (additional options available)
- 16″ MacBook Pro M1 in your backpack
- Furnish your home office with a one-time budget of €1.000,-
- A home office allowance of €2,- per day
- Annual coaching and study budget of €1.500,-
- Full reimbursement for travel expenses or an NS business card
- Fresh lunch on office days
- Working from our shiny new office with 270º view over the Houthavens in Amsterdam, or our cozy stained-glass canal hideout in Delft just steps away from the train station
Got excited? Or looking for more information? Lets (e-)meet! Sent your introduction to HR via email@example.com. Or call/Whatsapp Réni: 06-28331148.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated!