Who we are
We are champions of performance, accessibility, progressive enhancement and progressive web apps. We strive to get new technology running in production as soon as possible — all the while making sure it works on all devices and in every browser. We take a modular approach to development, be it in a ‘living style guide’, or directly in an existing code base. We make sure our code scales, is robust, maintainable and transferable.
Not an easy task. That’s why we are looking for experienced front-end developers who can help us deliver this kind of quality.
Our team consists of 20 front-end developers, including 3 senior front-enders who fulfill the role of tech lead in most projects. Our projects are for large clients like Funda, De Persgroep, eBay, ABN AMRO and smaller clients like Bionieuws, WeCity, DMC and Delft Hyperloop. Usually we work at our clients’ offices. On Fridays the whole team works from our own office in Amsterdam. We use those days to work on projects, experiment, do workshops and expand our knowledge via our Voorhoede Academy and code talks. We close up shop at the end of the week with drinks and some bad taste in music.
- Love for the web
- Familiar with principles of progressive enhancement, accessibility, responsive design, progressive web apps, http protocol
- Able to work with (Chrome) devtools and basic knowledge of networking/asset hosting
- Experienced with front-end libraries and MV* frameworks, like React or Riot
- You enjoy to start new projects and try out new technologies
- You can work as part of a team but are perfectly fine with organising your own work
- Prefer to work with Scrum or other Agile methods
- You enjoy discussing ideas, problems, tips & tricks with your colleagues
- Experience with tools such as CSS pre-processors, NodeJS, version management (Git), test and build scripts would be an asset
- A challenging and versatile job as a front-end developer for well-known client companies
- Colleagues who take their trade seriously and enjoy their work
- A place to develop your skills: not just by learning on the job, but also by having a study budget an paid time off to visit conferences
- Organic lunch, chair massage, table football and team outings
- 25 days off per year, based on a 40-hour work week, and the option to purchase more days
- A comfortable work environment, your own MacBook Pro and travel expenses paid for